Friday, March 30, 2012

Cloudy with a Chance of Playdough!

I have to admit that I was relieved to learn that today was going to cold with thunderstorms.  Perhaps I'm becoming acclimated to this often dismal weather here in South Bend, Indiana where the norm is overcast skies.  Beyond that scary recognition, I've also learned not to take good weather for granted.

For all of us in the midwest, these last three weeks of beautiful weather has been heavenly. It's been sunny warm and well....like being back in Tallahassee in the spring.  LOVE IT!  As a result, I have spent a great deal of time outside with our kiddos and participating in more community activities.  Today, I can actually pick up the house and do some of our indoor activities we haven't been doing...like playdough.  I love the times I can multi-task of being present to their quiet activities while also cleaning up the house and preparing some food.



Part of me thinks I should continue to skip the housework and just sit and enjoy the creativity happening at our kitchen table.  But once again, the house will continue to feel like an explosion of clutter everywhere.  I have to get to it sometime, right?

Today, I realized that I have turned a new corner in acceptance.  I don't feel guilty that I haven't been keeping up with the housework these last couple weeks.  However, I am going to take this gift of rain, which our flowers need, and balance out our fun with picking up.  We are resetting in this home today and it feels like we are in rhythm with our environment.

Wishing you peace and balance today,


Jen Starks, Owner
www.ecologicalbabies.com 
ecologicalbabies@gmail.com 
574.275.1235

No comments: