Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cloth Diapers-What is the Hardest Part?


When I was pregnant with my first child, Rita Clare, I used to have nightmares about cloth diapers.  I spent many hours poured into different websites trying to learn what I needed to know to get started.  Overwhelmed, I almost gave up on the idea entirely.  I ended up registering for a random mix of what I could find online and when they arrived, I had no idea what to do with them. 

That is a big reason I started Ecological Babies.  I wanted to educate and support those of you who sincerely want to give this a try for whatever reason is driving you to use cloth diapers.  It turns out that cloth diapers aren't difficult at all.  The hardest part was the initial learning about the types, how many, how to wash them, etc.  If you let us help you learn, it is even easier (and actually quite fun!).

The next difficult part is making the initial leap after you baby is born.  There are so many new experiences when the baby arrives (breastfeeding, sleep deprivation, baby wearing, and MUCH more), starting cloth diapers doesn't seem to be on the radar for some.  Again, I didn't have the support I needed and when Rita Clare was first born (picture of her above at 4 wks), I used what the hospital gave me until we came home.  When Tyler was born (my second), it was a no brainer to put him in cloth straight away.

But much like all other aspects of parenting, you just jump in and call us if you need extra support.  Once you go through 2-3 cycles of using your diapers, washing them, and then getting them ready for their next use (stuffing them, putting them away), it is a snap.

Honestly, that's it.  Ask any cloth diapering mama or daddy and they will testify.  If you are needing any support in this initial stage, seriously contact us.  We'd love to help!

Peace,

Jen Starks, Owner

www.ecologicalbabies.com 
ecologicalbabies@gmail.com 
574.275.1235

No comments: