Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bring Back Your Grannies' Hanky's!


After my Grandma Rita died, I inherited all her scarves and handkerchiefs (one being pictured to the left) .  I know many of us have some around or have family members who aren't using theirs anymore.  Why not bring them back, especially at this time of the year?

I keep mine in a little box in my room and keep in my pocket (or tucked in my shirt sleeve like Gram's did!).  At the end of the day, I put them in my dirty clothes or with the towels for laundering.  My more delicate ones are washed separately, so they aren't ruined.



Not only do I take pleasure in the physical softness of the material against my nose and the better it is on the environment, but I feel more connected to my Grandma Rita.  What's better than that?  Let's ban together and ditch those throw away tissues (or at least reduce our habit to use them)!








Jen Starks, Owner www.ecologicalbabies.com ecologicalbabies@gmail.com 574.275.1235

1 comment:

simplifry said...

I do this! I also pick some up at antique shops when I visit them. :-)