Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September's Theme: Simplicity

This month, we're going to be focusing on simplifying our lives. There's something about the beginning of the school year that feels like a new beginning (much like New Year's). This is the first year our oldest daughter started school (preschool) and I've been "nesting" again like crazy trying to become organized in our house.

As you know, both simplifying your life and becoming organized is a process. It's almost like detoxifying both our physical homes AND our inner "home". It's a spiritual experience. Initial questions such as, "Do I NEED this?", "Am I ready to part with that?" "Am I ever going to look at my house and feel like it's not cluttered?"

Once you clear the physical clutter, it's time to work on embracing a simpler lifestyle. Instead of having to regularly remove the clutter in your life, you'll be preventing the clutter from occurring. In the long run, you'll be saving money and time spent on figuring what to do with everything. The Earth will also thank you :o)

So join me this month. First we'll go through your home, car, office. Then we'll work on organizing everything you have so that you actually USE what you're keeping. Then we'll focus inward, understanding why we consume, how we can embrace a simpler, yet deeper life. Are you ready? I know I am!!!


Jen Starks, Owner www.ecologicalbabies.com ecologicalbabies@gmail.com 850.284.5887

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Count me in! I have been thinking all day about decluttering, simplifying, reorganizing my house. There must be something in the air.

Courtneybee said...

Count me in too...I love the idea simplifying and decuttering this month!

Stephanie said...

I am with you!

Simplify has been the name of my game for a long time. When we put the house on the market, the realtor told us to declutter even more. I didn't think it was possible for us to declutter more, but we did! And then when we took the house off the market, we realized we really didn't need that extra STUFF. So garage sale it is.

This is a great video, titled the Story of Stuff. Its 20 minutes but totally worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBE5QAYXp8