Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Strawberry Vinaigrette-YUM!

I'm very excited about adding this dressing to my options with all the greens we have been receiving in our local in-season produce.  This was absolutely delicious-perfect combination of sweet and tart!  Hope you enjoy it too.


1 C. strawberries (sliced)
4 t. rice vinegar
4 t. lemon juice
1 T. sugar
1 1/2 t. honey
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. each of garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil leaves, dried parsley flakes, pepper
1/2 C olive oil


Puree strawberries in blender. Add remaining ingredients except oil.  Blend, then gradually add oil while blending on low speed.


Recipe from Simply in Season by Lind, Mary Beth & Hockman-Wert-Cathleen

I used up all my rice vinegar in this recipe, so I decided to reuse the bottle for the dressing after rinsing it out.


My son, Tyler, enjoyed it so much that he insisted on licking out the leftovers in the bowl. :)


Peace,

Jen Starks,
Owner
www.ecologicalbabies.com 
ecologicalbabies@gmail.com 
574.275.1235

1 comment:

Mireille said...

Sounds delicious! How long will it last refrigerated?