Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks = Happy!


I recently heard that happier people tend to be those who are more grateful.  I know I'd like to be one of those people.  Why does it take a special day for me to step back and acknowledge all that I am thankful for?  Why don't I acknowledge how blessed I am all day, every day?

Oddly enough, we also find these moments during times of tragedy.  Recently, my Uncle Steve died.  Out of his death, I felt more connected to those I love than I had in while.  Why did it take that event to get me to that place?  In some of my most painful moments, I have been more grateful for the support of my friends and family than any other time.

Well, today I am going to seize the opportunity and give thanks.  After all, it IS the focus of the day.  I truly have more blessings than I deserve.  Our life this past year has been turned upside down over and over again.  Despite some hardships, we are stronger as a family unit than ever before.  I have found more balance and peace.  I'd like to think that I've become a bit wiser too! :o)

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours,

Jen

Jen Starks, Owner www.ecologicalbabies.com ecologicalbabies@gmail.com 574.275.1235

No comments: