I've officially be using the diaper sprayer for about 5 months now and can honestly say this accessory is worth purchasing. The economical aspect of cloth diapers was our family's top priority when we first invested and I'm usually not an accessory person, so I was actually hoping now to like it. I was without the diaper sprayer for 19 months using cloth diapers and probably wouldn't have tried it, if I wasn't "testing" for business purposes....but I'll never go back! The #1 fear and reason families tell me they never tried or gave up on cloth diapers is the poop/mess factor.
Here are my top reasons I'm crazy about the sprayer:
1. Taking care of poopy diapers (no matter what consistency) is mess-free.
2. I don't dread poopy diapers and kinda look forward to using the sprayer.
3. I actually use LESS water with the sprayer, since it takes everything off so quickly. Without the sprayer, I admittedly had to flush the toilet a few times on those really messy diapers.
4. I have found many uses for the sprayer, besides diapers (e.g. cleaning the bathroom, cleaning our portable potty chair, spraying off my daughter after playing outside in the dirt, filling up buckets) Two others I've not tried but anticipate it working for: replacing a peri bottle postpartum and using it like a bidet spray.
5. My diapers seem to come out cleaner in the wash, since I'm able to rinse off so much of the diaper in the toilet.
6. It is super easy to install on your toilet. I installed it myself in under 20 minutes and it works great (no leaks, no calling the plumber from ruining the toilet).
7. The spray intensity can be adjusted, based on how strong or weak you want the flow.
If you've purchased a bumGenius diaper sprayer, how do you like it? Are you as obsessed as I am?
Two thumbs up from Ecological Babies!