Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ode to All My Imperfect Moms Out There!

You know, I am often humbled by how much my mom did for me.  Without becoming a mom myself, I'm not sure I would have been able to recognize all that she did.  Was I thankful at the time?  Unfortunately no.

She wasn't perfect and I am definitely not perfect as a mom.  I think at the end of the day, we moms just need to cut ourselves some slack.  Shake off that mommy guilt that we aren't doing enough.

So what if your child ate fast food, watched too much tv, and you yelled at them?  Are they alive?  Do you feed them well on other days?  Do they feel safe and know you love them unconditionally?  Really, it's all about balance.  You are a good mother and you are doing VERY hard work.  I know this is absolutely the hardest thing I've ever done and maybe will do.  Every day, you get out of bed, sacrifice so much of yourself, and take care of your children and many other responsibilities around the house.  If you are working outside of the home, you are doing all that AND your extra work on top of that.  Wow.

Give yourself a little pat on the back, take a deep breath, and recognize all the great things you are doing.

From an imperfect mom,

Jen


Jen Starks, Owner www.ecologicalbabies.com ecologicalbabies@gmail.com 574.275.1235

No comments: